2018-2019 SDSM&T Academic Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
2018-2019 SDSM&T Academic Catalog
Welcome to the 2018-2019 Online Undergraduate/Graduate Catalog of the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology (SDSM&T)
The academic catalog is the official source of information for the university’s undergraduate and graduate academic programs, courses, policies, degree requirements, and procedures. In the past the catalog has been available only in print format or online in a PDF format. In 2012, SDSM&T implemented an online catalog management system (acalogTM) to make the catalog more “user friendly” for students and faculty. This new system provides many functions/features we hope you will find helpful. They include:
- ARCHIVED CATALOGS - Archived catalogs are available from the drop-down list in the top right-hand corner of the page by clicking the academic year you want to view.
- EXPORT - An export function which allows us to export the course descriptions, program information, or the entire catalog for you upon request.
- HELP - A help function which is available by clicking on the “Help” icon located in the top right-hand corner of each page.
- MOBILE ACCESS - Mobile access to SDSM&T’s online catalog through your smartphone or iPhone is available through the following URL: m.ecatalog.sdsmt.edu
- PERSONALIZED CATALOG - A portfolio function - My Portfolio - which allows you to browse the online catalog and store courses and program information you find interesting or useful for later retrievable.
- PRINTING - A print-friendly view on each section of the catalog which allows you to print pages which interest you by clicking on the “Print Friendly Page” icon located in the top right-hand corner of each page.
- NAVIGATION and LINKS - In addition to the navigation pane at the left of the screen, many pages have navigation menus at the top of the page. Just click on the topic and the link will take you directly to that topic on the page. Use the arrow on the right of the screen to move back to the top of the page.
- Navigation in Course Descriptions -The course titles are “show/hide” links to the complete course descriptions. Click on the course title once to “show” the complete course description. Click on the course title again to “hide” the complete course description.
- SEARCH - An advanced search function which allows you to search for course information by course prefix, course number, exact match, or descriptive phrases.
Should you have questions or concerns about this catalog, please contact the Registrar and Academic Services (RAS) office at 605-394-2400.
Navigation Icon Key:
||Add page to your portfolio
||Create a print-friendly version of a program’s degree requirements
||Opens a “help” feature with a variety of topics
||Creates a print-friendly view of any page
Reservation of Rights
The information contained in this catalog is the most accurate available at the time of publication, but changes may become effective before the next catalog is published. It is ultimately the student’s responsibility to stay abreast of current regulations, curricula, and the status of specific programs being offered. Further, the university reserves the right, as approved by the Board of Regents, to modify requirements, curricula offerings, and charges, and to add, alter, or delete courses and programs through appropriate procedures. While reasonable efforts will be made to publicize such changes, a student is encouraged to seek current information from appropriate offices. BOR Policy 2:20